Stunning Himalayan foothills - jungle camp - birds and wildlife
1. Drive from Delhi to Corbett National Park (approx 6h). Overnight in camp.
2. Full day of safari activities by jeep or elephant based on your interests.
3. Full day guided walk with lunch by the river. Overnight in camp.
4. Early morning local bird watching walk. After breakfast drive to Dhikala Forest Rest House in the National Park. Afternoon jeep safari. Wild elephants are often seen near the accommodation.
5. Morning jeep safari. Later depart back to Delhi.
This suggested itinerary is just an example of possibilities available for trips to this area. Price is dependant on season, standard of accommodation and length of stay. Please contact us for more specific pricing.
Any date to your requirements.
Known for its vast variety of flora and fauna the Corbett National Park boasts 50 species of mammals, 600 species of birds, 25 species of reptiles, 110 species of trees, 50 species of shrubs and more than 70 species of grasses and bamboo. The total area of the National Park is 520sqkm and it is part of the larger Corbett Tiger Reserve.
Unlike most parks it is possible to spend a night in the park at a Forest Rest House. The rest of your nights are spent at a tented camp complete with en suite facilities. Birding is superb and the guiding here is excellent. The chances of seeing tiger are reasonable with the many sandy tracks.