A great value safari through Botswana - Moremi - Savuti Marsh - Chobe River
1. Depart UK overnight to Johannesburg.
2. Fly from Johannesburg to Maun, start safari in Moremi Game Reserve.
3. Safari activities in Moremi Game Reserve.
4. Drive to the Khwai region, day and night safari activities.
5. Walking day safaris & night drive.
6. Drive to Savuti via Mababe Depression.
7. Wildlife viewing around Savuti Marshes.
8. Drive to the Chobe National Park, safari activities.
9. Morning game drive, afternoon boat trip on Chobe River.
10. Return to Maun and flight to Johannesburg, evening departure back to UK.
11. Arrive UK.
This suggested itinerary is just an example of possibilities available for trips to this area. Price is dependant on season, standard of accommodation and length of stay. Please contact us for more specific pricing.
Set departures throughout the year or can be run on a private basis.
Setting off right away on arrival in Maun you reach Moremi Game Reserve and after settling into camp will head off for a sunset drive to the nearest waterhole. The area is open plains and mopane woodland and is ideal for game viewing and birding. Wild dogs thrive here. A day is spent exploring the region.
A short drive north is the Khwai region where you can enjoy bush walks with your guide and night drives. Each designed to enhance your experience of Africa. Birding for raptors is also good in this region.
Further northeast you reach the renowned Savuti Marshes in Chobe National Park. Dramatic wildilfe encounters often occur here, often with elephants and lions involved - the lions here are even known to hunt down elephants. It is also an exceptional birding area. A little further north the Chobe River is reached it is well known for its massive elephant population. Over the next couple of days you can enjoy game drives and a river boat trip to discover the riverine wildlife.
Finally it is time to return to Maun for your departure after a tour of some of the greatest wildlife encounters in Africa.