Elsa's Kopje, Meru National Park - Laikipia Lodges - Masai Mara - Rusinga Island Camp, Lake Victoria as a wonderful relaxing finale
1. Fly from UK, arrive Nairobi, meeting and transfer to hotel.
2. To Meru for safari activities from Elsa's Kopje.
3. Full day of safari activities.
4. A further day to enjoy a safari or relax at Elsa's.
5. To Sabuk Lodge, afternoon walk.
6. Full day walking or camel safari from Sabuk, return night drive.
7. To Mara Camp in the Masai Mara, evening game drive or walk.
8. Full day safari activities from Mara Camp.
9. Full day safari activities from Mara Camp.
10. Return to Nairobi for your international departure or extend your experiences... To Mfangano Island, at leisure.
11. At leisure on Mfangano Island.
12. Return to Nairobi and depart Kenya.
This suggested itinerary is just an example of possibilities available for trips to this area. Price is dependant on season, standard of accommodation and length of stay. Please contact us for more specific pricing.
Any date to your requirements
If you truly love visiting wild places in style then this trip is magical. In Meru National Park is Elsa's Kopje, site of George Adamson's camp in the park. It was here that Elsa the lioness of Born Free fame was released. Individual cottages on the rocky kopje look out over Africa. Away from the temptations of the infinity pool, fine dining and the open thatched bar, walking safaris and game drives in this huge protected area will bring you tremendous wildlife encounters, perhaps with lesser kudu and Grevy's zebra. The big five are here too. The riverine valleys that cross these plains are home to abundant birdlife.
In a totally different landscape Sabuk Lodge offers family hospitality and stupendous views across the Ewaso Nyiro River. The land is arid and best explored on foot or with a gentle camel ride through the open scrub where you can track wildlife to close quarters with your professional guide. In contrast a convivial tented camp, isolated in the grasslands of the Mara welcomes you for game viewing in the country's finest safari destination. Bush breakfasts and sundowners are de rigeur here. After three unique safari experiences we recommend a very different way to relax for a couple of days by indulging in tranquillity on Mfangano Island on Lake Victoria.