Superbly guided small group tour for nature enthusiasts - Best of both islands - Magnificent Coromandel - South-West New Zealand World Heritage Area
1. Meet your guide in Auckland and travel to the Coromandel
2. Full guided exploration of the Coromandel
3. Travel through the Bay of Plenty to Rotorua
4. After a free morning fly south to Christchurch
5. Free to explore Christchurch, alternatively join a guided day tour
6. Meet your Canterbury Trails guide and head into the Southern Alps
7. A day exploring the 'high country'
8. Head south to the glaciers of Franz Josef and Fox Glacier
9. Continue south into the South West New Zealand World Heritage Area
10. Day of exploration from Wilderness Lodge Lake Moeraki
11. Cross the Haast Pass and head over the Crown Ranges to Queenstown
12. Free to explore
13. Full day excursion to Milford Sound with a nature cruise
14. Depart Queenstown
Please contact us for prices.
Departures on request with a minimum 2 guests. Private guided departures are also available.
Travel the pristine landscapes of the Coromandel and the magnificent alpine scenery with local expert guides on our small group experience. Enjoy superb personal touring and get off the beaten track into areas visited by few.
From Auckland travel to the Coromandel Peninsula, regarded by many New Zealander's as their 'secret', walk through semi-tropical forest amongst lush ferns and paddle your feet on deserted beaches. Your guides from Kiwi Dundee will show you 'their' Coromandel a region they know intimately. After a stay in Rotorua, geothermal centre of the nation you will fly down to Christchurch for the start of your South Island journey.
Criss-crossing the island you will head first into 'high county' and Arthur's Pass in the heart of the Southern Alps, from here you will make your way slowly southwards down the wild west coast, exploring ancient glaciers and seeing remarkable scenery as you go. After a few days spent in the South West New Zealand World Heritage Area leave the coast and head inland through the rugged alpine landscapes punctuated with crystal clear glacial lakes to Queenstown. From here you will enjoy a full day to Milford Sound, including a cruise. There is also time for relaxation and the opportunity to select from an array of excursions, perhaps a few winery visits, back country touring or maybe even a bungy jump!
Receive £100 off per person.
Valid for travel September to November 2016 and March to May 2017.
Please contact us for further information.