Mysore city - Nagarhole wildlife - Cochin ancient port - Munnar highland nature - Periyar National Park - birds & backwaters of Kerala - beach relaxation
1. Depart UK.
2. Arrive Bangalore, transfer and morning to relax at hotel. Afternoon visit to Vidhan Soudha.
3. Morning drive to Mysore. Afternoon visit City Palace and Chamundi Hill.
4. Visit Somnathpur and explore Ranganittu bird sanctuary by boat.
5. Drive to Nagarhole. Afternoon safari by jeep.
6. Morning and evening game viewing in the park.
7. Morning game viewing. Drive to Vythiri, rest of day at leisure.
8. Short morning trek, rest of day at leisure.
9. Drive to Calicut, afternoon to relax.
10. Approx 6 hrs drive to Cochin via Punnathoor Kota.
11. Sightseeing in Cochin, evening visit to local theatre.
12. Drive to Munnar. Afternoon visit to Rajamalai National Park.
13. Morning drive to Thekkady. Afternoon to explore Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary.
14. Early boat ride on Lake Periyar. Drive to Kumarakom and visit Bird Sanctuary.
15. Day at leisure in Kumarakom.
16. Transfer to Alleppey and cruise of backwaters. Overnight houseboat.
17. After breakfast, disembark and drive to Kovalam.
18. Day at leisure in Kovalam.
19. Morning transfer to Trivandrum international airport for your departure.
This suggested itinerary is just an example of possibilities available for trips to this area. Price is dependant on season, standard of accommodation and length of stay. Please contact us for more specific pricing.
To your requirements
A warm welcome in Bangalore and time to relax before sightseeing, followed by a stroll through the colourful streets. Then next morning, takes you to the former capital of the princely state, Mysore. Known as the city of royal palaces, you will visit the City Palace in the Chamundi Hills with the afternoon free to relax or stroll the beautiful parks and shady avenues. In this region, you will also visit the Ranganittu Bird Sanctuary situated on several rocky islands providing an excellent habitat for water birds. Onwards to Nagarhole, once the Maharajas' reserved forest, it became a National Park in 1955. A scenic location situated on gentle hills bordering Kerala, some of the wildlife that can be found here are elephants, Indian wild dogs, sloth bears and panthers, with an equally interesting bird species list.
For a complete change of surroundings and one of South India's most interesting towns, Cochin has been a trading port since Roman times. Situated on the main trade route between Europe and China, there is a fascinating mix of historic buildings and remains. Be sure to bring your camera when taking a sunset stroll along the northern shores, where you will observe the setting of the Chinese fishing nets, a classic postcard shot. Visits to the Rajamalai National Park and Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, following the sights and sounds of town life, are a welcome return to the natural highlights. And then it's time to slow the pace down completely, onboard your houseboat on the backwaters of Alleppey. An enchanting cruise giving you the chance to relax and simply watch this beautiful world of colour slip by.