Okavango Delta safari activities in Botswana - Sossusvlei Sand Dunes, Etosha and Okonjima in Namibia - Cape Town, South Africa
1. Fly to Johannesburg.
2. Arrive Johannesburg and connect with a flight to Maun. Meeting on arrival and light aircraft transfer to a camp in the Okavango Delta. Evening safari.
3. Safari activities.
4. Safari activities.
5. Safari activities.
6. Light aircraft transfer to Maun. Fly to Windhoek. Overnight at a hotel or guesthouse.
7. Fly to Sossusvlei. Afternoon safari.
8. Morning visit to Sossusvlei. Afternoon safari or relax.
9. Fly to Etosha region. Safari activities.
10. Safari activities in Etosha.
11. Fly to Okonjima. Activities.
12. Safari activities.
13. Fly to Windhoek and connect with a flight to Cape Town. Overnight in a guesthouse.
14. At leisure in Cape Town.
15. At leisure.
16. At leisure.
17. Fly from Cape Town to UK.
18. Arrive UK.
This suggested itinerary is just an example of trips possible in southern Africa. Please contact us for more specific pricing.
Any date to your requirements
This is a superb flying safari across the best of southern Africa. You will experience the varied activites of a camp in the Okavango Delta. You may take game drives or mokoro (dug out canoe) or boat trips through the delta. This region has phenomenal wildlife and is a true wilderness area yet the camps are very comfortable or even luxurious and offer great hospitality.
The contrast could not be great as you leave the verdant green delta and arrive in the arid desert of Namib-Naukluft National Park to visit the giant sand dunes of Sossusvlei, up to 1000' or 300m in height. There is wildlife in this area too but quite different to that of the delta. Much more wildlife will be seen at your next destination, Etosha. World renowned this huge pan as a number of waterholes around its rim that attract a wide variety of wildlife. Sit and wait at these waterholes and observe the activities of the animals as they come and go.
Your last stop in Namibia is at Okonjima where cheetah and leopard are re-habituated after capture from ranches throughout the country. You will get close to cheetah and with luck will find the more elusive leopards as well as gaining an understanding of the work of the Africat Foundation.
You journey ends with some days at the tip of Africa in the lively city of Cape Town where there is plenty to explore, from the cafes and restaurants of the waterfront area, to Table Mountain, Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens and Cape Point.