Chimp tracking - Wildlife safari game drives in 2 national parks - Gorilla trekking - Walking safari in Lake Mburo
1. Depart UK. Arrive Entebbe, transfer to your hotel.
2. Depart for Murchison Falls, on arrival relax or visit the top of the falls.
3. Morning game drive, afternoon Nile River cruise.
4. Morning game drive. Afternoon to Budongo.
5. Morning chimp tracking or bird watching.
6. To Kibale Forest.
7. Chimp tracking in Kibale. Afternoon nature walk & bird watching at Bigodi. To crater lakes.
8. Day at leisure.
9. To Queen Elizabeth National Park. Afternoon game drive.
10. Morning game drive. Afternoon boat cruise on the Kazinga Channel.
11. Optional walk for chimps in Kyambura Gorge. To Bwindi.
12. Gorilla trekking day.
13. To Lake Mburo. Afternoon game drive or boat cruise.
14. Morning walking safari. Afternoon to Kampala & depart Entebbe.
15. Arrive UK.
Please contact us for prices.
Any date to your requirements.
This classic safari holiday in Uganda takes in some of the best wildlife destinations throughout this wonderfully scenic country. You will discover the delightful Borassus palm stands among the plains of Murchison Falls National Park where herds of Ugandan kob, many elephants, giraffe and buffalo graze. Lion and leopard are present too. For bird watchers, the rare Shoebill stork can be found here among the reeds of the Nile delta adjoining on Lake Albert.
Not far away are the protected forests of Budongo where the Jane Goodall research centre has been converted to comfortable tourist accommodation. Here there are fabulous opportunities for bird watching along the Royal Mile with its endemic species and with more than 600 chimps in the forest, it is also an excellent location for tracking well habituated chimpanzees.
A little further south, Kibale Forest is another primate hot spot and there is the incredible opportunity to spend a day with chimps as they travel through the forest, an insight into one of our close cousins.
Following this informative experience you can discover the acacia and euphorbia savannah of Queen Elizabeth National Park where plains animals are returning in large numbers. Another highlight of this trip is taking a boat on the Kazinga Channel with its hippos and diverse bird species.
Then you move on through the mountains to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park for a day gorilla trekking, another of the highlights of this safari holiday.
We then slow the pace down after the exertions of the gorilla trekking with an enjoyable walking safari in pretty Lake Mburo National Park with its herds of impala, eland and zebra before heading back to Entebbe for departure.